qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu port on Windows to support tun/tap

From: Ming-Ching Tiew
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu port on Windows to support tun/tap
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:32:29 +0800

>> I don't seem to be able to get it working and there is no mention
>> it at all in the docs.
>>

>A patch for this was posted on the list some time ago:
>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-10/msg00213.html

I downloaded it and compiled it without problem, but it does not seem
to work. What I did is this, I added one Tap-Win32 V8 adator, configure
an IP to it, then I started two instances of my guest OS which is Linux.
Then I configure them in the same network. Try to ping OS Tap IP
and the other guest OS's IP, none responded to the ping. I started it
this way :-

qemu.exe -L .\bios -nics 1  -tap tap0801 -m 8 -boot a -fda linux.img -enable-audio -localtime

Is the name "tap0801" correct ?

Furthermore, what if I want to have multiple network cards ? How to
assign which network card connects to which tap device instance ?

Hmmm looks like what I need is a port of vde on Windows ....

Cheers