qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Firefox crashes inside qemu

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Firefox crashes inside qemu
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:57:30 +0100

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 08:36:30PM +0500, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> >> Firefox will crash. I suppose that there is some bug in the CPU
> >> emulation.
> >>
> >> How can I help debugging this problem further?
> >
> > Can you try that disk image on a 'real' machine and see if it crashes
> > then also?
>
> I instaled win2k from the same CD to a real computer. Firefox downloaded
> from the same URL doesn't crash under the same condition.

There are many different factors in both scenarios besides that one of
them uses qemu and the other one does not: disk size, video card, network
card, etc.

> But how do I test a qemu image on a real machine?

I would just dd it to an old IDE disk, even though that might give issues
with differing head/sector counts.

        dd if=disk.img of=/dev/hdx bs=1024k

(Where /dev/hdx is the old IDE disk.)

--L