qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm dynamically linked binary problem

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm dynamically linked binary problem
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:49:08 +0100

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:35:09PM +0100, Magnus Damm wrote:

> Hello,

Hello,

> > I have three sets of {ld-linux,libc} for little-endian ARM: one from
> > qemu-gnemul-0.5.1.tar.gz from the qemu site, one hand-built with gcc
> > 3.3.4 and glibc 2.3.3, and one hand-built with gcc 3.4.2 and glibc
> > 2.3.3.  Yours works and mine don't.
> >
> > Is there anything special about your libraries?  Which versions of
> > gcc/glibc did you use to build them?
>
> I have not much experience with ARM, but have you tried to use a
> toolchain built with crosstool? Maybe there are some patches there?

Yes, I did build these with crosstool.  I do have quite some experience
with ARM platforms, and the binaries that all these toolchains generate
do run just fine on 'real' ARM hardware.

I just think there's something in qemu's ELF setup that the glibc 2.3
dynamic linker doesn't like.

cheers,
Lennert