qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:17:40 +0100

On 17 janv. 05, at 23:08, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

For the problem of the Mac keyboard, I think SDL should be fixed first to return correct SDL keysyms.

I tried Johannes' patch on SDL, but it does not seem to help much. The '2' key on the main keyboard for instance does not seem to give the correct codes. I get "Warning: no scancode found for keysym 160" whether I shift (I should get 2) or not (é). When typing the upper numbers, for instance, I get 1<not translated>3451£§C£ instead of 1234567890.

An interesting patch was submitted some time ago to use the scan codes directly, as we do on PCs (scan codes do not depend on the keyboard key mapping). If it is reported to work on most Macs, it should be the default because it avoids the problem of translating keysyms to scan codes.

Do you remember at what time the patch was posted? I can't find it in my archive of the mailing list, so it must predate my subscription.

Lga.