qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding emulation for a new cpu, howto ?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding emulation for a new cpu, howto ?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 03:02:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Patrice Mandin wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any information about how to write a new
> cpu emulator for qemu (target-xxx directory). In fact, I would like to try
> to write a m68k backend. Maybe someone else has started work on it, so I
> would like to help.

I have played with the idea, but didn't start. If you want to begin with
such a beast, maybe you want to read my porting document on

http://libvncserver.sf.net/qemu/qemu-porting.html

Although it was written when I had porting to a new host in mind, it
should nevertheless help you to get a feeling what you need to do in order
to make a new target.

Hth,
Dscho