qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OT: Running qemu without host os?

From: Peter Karlsson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OT: Running qemu without host os?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:56:16 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, venkateshp wrote:

> i and my friend are trying to make a tiny (live)distro running only qemu. then
> make qemu boot the os on the computer. does that come anywhere near?

Yes, I would think so. I was thinking of replacing the bios with linuxbios
and qemu. It sounds like a common goal. But you should check out
linuxbios, if you haven't already:
http://www.clustermatic.org/
http://www.linuxbios.org/

> we are working towards the cluster part..

Oh, I'm interested in that too. I only wish I could afford a cluster, let
alone one more computer... :-)

But an active bios/vm would be very interesting indeed for a cluster, be
it a load-balancing, HA-cluster or any other kind of cluster.

Best regards

Peter K

--
We Can Put an End to Word Attachments: