qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu varying performance

From: Lee
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu varying performance
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:49:22 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

Im not sure if this is a bug, but I wanted to mention it anyways.

My host computer is running the 2.4.24 kernel with smp support, xfree86,
and openbox for the window manager (16 virtual desktops).

when i am on the desktop that qemu is running on, the performance seems
normal to me.

then i will switch to a different desktop and work there for a while
(expecting that qemu will continue processing on the other desktop).

then after a while i will go back to the qemu virtual desktop and it seems
that qemu will then pick up where it left off at (either there or a little
bit after that point) and run again at normal speed.

this seems like qemu does a MAJOR slow down when it is not being displayed
on the active desktop.

has anyone else noticed this behavior?

--
Lee