qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] arts support

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] arts support
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:35:48 -0500

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 01:28:13AM +0300, malc wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Jim C. Brown wrote:
>
> >This is a preliminary version of oss.c that uses libartsc to play sound
> >instead
> >of using OSS. It doesn't work (sb.o driver under Linux 2.2.5 kernel
> >complains
> >of DMA/IRQ timeouts, and no sounds play) but it's a start.

And I wrote it because using artsdsp on top of the oss audio driver didn't work
-- somehow the oss driver bypassed it.

> For one thing there is no oss.c in QEMU for a long time now,
> if you want arts support - code apropriate driver along the
> lines of the stuff present in audio/*

Turns out I didn't have to go to all this trouble. After updating my sources,
I found that artsdsp works fine with the SDL audio driver. Not the same as
native arts support, but I can live with it.