qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] linux host, win xp guest, more than 1GB memory

From: james taylor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] linux host, win xp guest, more than 1GB memory
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:19:17 +0000

I've successfully got xp running as guest os using qemu-snapshot-2005-02-05_23. I've patched the code with patches published in this list to enable dma, windows
says that my disk is dma enabled.

I would like to specify 2GB ram for the virtual windows machine memory, but
qemu wouldn't let me specify -m 2048 - the command just printed help.
So currently running with 1GB (ie -m 1024) successfully.

Does anyone have a patch or a tip that will enable me to set up 2GB ram on
the virtual machine?

(I'm running on a 4GB physical ram box)

Host is kernel 2.4.27.

Thanks