qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Configuring for a specific chip

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Configuring for a specific chip
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:44:35 +0100

Chris Hamilton wrote:
Hello, I have been looking at qemu as a possible solution to compile linux distro package binaries for different architectures. I am interested in insuring that the code produced will be optimized for a specific x86 chip. Is there a way to make sure that qemu 'looks' like a specific cpu and possibly restricts the ISA (ie. enable or disable SSE) to the chip's?

Hi,

Such a feature is planned.

Fabrice.