qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The QEMU Accelerator Module

From: Leigh Dyer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The QEMU Accelerator Module
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:20:20 +1100

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Hi,

KQEMU is _not_ open source as the rest of QEMU. It is a proprietary kernel module (read the LICENSE file) and will stay so until a gentle company decides to subsidy the QEMU project.

Thanks, Fabrice, for your amazing work with QEMU. I can certainly understand why you've made KQEMU closed for the moment, and I too would probably be willing to contribute to a bounty on opening it.

In the meantime, what are the chances of getting KQEMU running on an AMD64 kernel? I'm happy to run 32-bit binaries on my 64-bit system, but I don't relish the thought of having to use a 32-bit kernel to run accelerated QEMU.

Thanks
Leigh