qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KQemu logic and marketing goals

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KQemu logic and marketing goals
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:16:02 +0100

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:17:04PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> > Or convince some university that his work is academically interesting
> > and make them hire him as a PhD student or something.
>
> Believe me, QEmu is worth much more than a PhD salary.

Sure, I'll agree with that, but it all depends on what your goals in
life are.

I walked away from a well-paid, high-responsibility position myself
recently, and will likely go back to the academic world, just for the
reason that I wasn't happy living the corporate lifestyle.  A number
of my friends did the exact same thing, now earn one fourth of what
they used to, but generally feel much happier.

--L