qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Just a thought (high level API)

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Just a thought (high level API)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:07:34 -0500

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 01:20:12PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Jan Marten Simons wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't mind a glibc-build-time-dependency, [...]
>
> I think they talked about glib, not glibc. glib is sort of a utility
> library for gtk, which contains things like containers.

GTK has high level GUI widgets, GDK is the lower level event and graphics
layer, and glib is the really low level stuff.

glib is mainly a library used for portability (such as a cross platform
libdl interface or platform independent fixed-size types) and can be used
w/o having to bring in all the code used for a graphical interface.

Obviously, qemu will always have a glibc-build-time-dependency, and it will
also have glibc as a run time dependency (unless it is staticly linked like
qemu-fast was).