qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: The QEMU Accelerator Module

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: The QEMU Accelerator Module
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:19:30 +0000

Hi,

I think that this whole discussion has gone to a completely stupid fashion.

Fabrice is a great programmer and QEMU is a VERY great project.

KQEMU is a great idea that speed up things a lot.

Just think if KQEMU is released in BSD or LPGL license like rest of qemu...

They are right now a lot of "super emulators" being sold (like iEmulator) that use QEMU (and like the named one, without crediting it), and nor Fabrice nor other QEMU collaborators see money from that, like the WinZip program that is nothing but a commercial GUI for the Info-ZIP compression library.

Just imagine what will happen if someone takes KQEMU makes a dirty GUI and sells it. Just like the VMWare cost... Image how much could someone get from KQEMU just investing 5 minutes in a RAD enviroment, selling it and leaving Fabrice with NOTHING.

I think that the current Fabrice's movement is the correct one and I hope that a company will sponsor not only the KQEMU but the whole QEMU project as is the BEST and MOST COMPLETE non-old computer emulator, and also, its fast, and it's worth it.

There are a lot of companies interested in open source projects, like Novell, IBM, Apple, did anyone tried to contact them?

Regards,
Natalia Portillo

P.S.: Anand I think that your action of complaining Savannah could "hurt" (sorry I don't know the exact word) Fabrice and is based on another person's words, and is more a child's action than one from an adult. You should just have let Fabrice to see that he was breaking Savannah's rules.
P.S.2: Fabrice if you need a CVS server I offer my modest server.

These are my 2 eurocents ;)