qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: The QEMU Accelerator Module

From: Jean-Christian de Rivaz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: The QEMU Accelerator Module
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:51:31 +0100

Natalia Portillo a écrit :

I must agree to Jean-Christian on that point, a GUI is not programmed in 5 minutes and all that qemu can earn for a GUI is publicity.

Do you know RealBASIC, Visual Studio .NET and other RAD (Rapid Application Developments)?

I wrote a GUI for ffmpeg in 5 minutes using them ;).

So definitly a GUI can be programmed in 5 minutes.

As I say before: juste do it...

I can also program a very basic GUI to just start and stop the emulator (event that will require more that 5 minutes for sur), but this basic GUI will be nothing like VmWare GUI is. Understand that the price is also not the same. This is the first point I find wrong in your original say.

The second point is that the kqemu, qemu and a GUI are different things. You can start today a separate project to make a proprietary GUI that use qemu at it backend. So you can maybe get some money of that operation. Fact is that all contributors to qemu will never see that money.

So there is a probability that someone start a Open Source GUI that will trash for sur your proprietary one. This is also this risk that just take Fabrice with kqemu. And what? Did you know a buisness without any risk ?

--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz