qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] FreeOSZoo will stop March 1, 2005

From: Daniel Egger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] FreeOSZoo will stop March 1, 2005
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:28:03 +0100

On 13.02.2005, at 01:06, Jernej Simončič wrote:

If you only intend to run Linux VMs and don't have a problem
patching the kernel sources this is a very viable approach to
get something which is not possible anymore *without* kqemu
which is more flexible but does only run on 32bit kernels ATM.

You don't understand - I was asking what are you loosing with "new" Qemu
without the kernel module compared to Qemu before the kernel module was
introduced. I know that with the kernel module Qemu runs much faster, but if
you don't want to use it due to it's licence, you haven't lost anything
compared to before the module was available. Or have you?

Please do read the mails before responding.

qemu-fast is the key point which you're obviously missing.

Servus,
      Daniel