qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC PReP PCI host bridge

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC PReP PCI host bridge
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:21:59 +0100

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 18:40, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> I previously sent a patch to add a PCI host bridge to PPC PReP - it
> hasn't been applied.  Currently, PReP lacks a PCI host bridge and only
> has a PCI to PCI bridge.  Without a host bridge, PReP doesn't work
> correctly.

You're correct saying that the PCI configuration is not correct,
compared to a real PREP machine, but what OS did you try that does not
run with current configuration ? As Linux (at least 2.4) does run well
with this configuration, then I'd like to know what other OSes you tried
and even more which ones you did boot succesfully !

>   I'm wondering when a correct host bridge, either the one I
> submitted or another one, will be added?  I'd like to know so that
> OpenHackWare can be configured to recognize it.

I added the support for this bridge in the latest snapshot I sent you
(0.4-pre1c)
which is now also available here:
<http://perso.magic.fr/l_indien/OpenHackWare/0.4-pre1/OpenHackWare_svn-0.4-pre1c.tar.bz2>

[...]