qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Using QEMU for embedded systems

From: Peter Korsgaard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Using QEMU for embedded systems
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:39:58 +0100

>>>>> "Waqqas" == Waqqas Jabbar <address@hidden> writes:

 Waqqas> an aditional network card is also good (for tftp and nfs
 Waqqas> mounted kernel and/or root filesystem). The main difference
 Waqqas> between different board is the address where these devices
 Waqqas> are mapped.

 Waqqas> The only thing missing in qemu is the flash device
 Waqqas> support. how did u handled it?

The work I did was for booting eCos, not Linux.

I hacked the BIOS support to load my bootloader - I didn't implement
any flash emulation (yet).

 Waqqas> Did the new instructions that you added were required to boot
 Waqqas> linux on your board or was it required by the software you
 Waqqas> are developing on that board?

It was required by eCos.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard