qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: KQEMU bus errors

From: Kevin F. Quinn
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: KQEMU bus errors
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 9:36:35 +0100

I also get the bus error, when trying to install Windows 2000 Professional.
It occurs, as described before, when the install tries to format the drive.
If I build with --disable-kqemu, the bus error does not occur, but when built
with kqemu support it occurs whether or not the kernel module is in use.  Once
installed (after building with --disable-kqemu), if I then try to run it with
the kqemu version (again, with or without the module) it generates a bus error
at variable points - geenrally it'll boot, get through the login but die
shortly afterwards.

I have the shm device in fstab:

none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

as mentioned earlier.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I've tried to install SP4, but it doesn't like it.  Could someone give me
some hints/tricks on how to track down what the problem is?

(btw using latest cvs at time of writing)

Thanks,
Kev.