qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Open Hack'Ware test image.

From: Thayne Harbaugh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Open Hack'Ware test image.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:02:35 -0700

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 19:58 +0100, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 12:45 +0100, J. Mayer wrote:
> >

> >>Note that PREP support has not been checked with this snapshot (but will
> >>be before it'll become a release).
> >

> > This won't work because the PCI host bridge *still* hasn't been added to
> > qemu.  I've sent the patch at least twice.  Tha patch hasn't been
> > applied and there hasn't been an explanation as to why it was ignored.
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the lack of explanation: I was not sure whether QEMU could
> work with your patch without an updated PPC BIOS.

Yes, *both* Qemu and OHW need to be patched.  It shouldn't matter which
one supports the host bridge first.  You shouldn't even worry about
making PReP unstable by adding support for the PCI host bridge to either
qemu or OHW because PReP isn't stable now - it doesn't even boot without
the host bridge.