qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Open Hack'Ware test image.

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Open Hack'Ware test image.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:01:06 +0100

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 22:02, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 19:58 +0100, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> > Thayne Harbaugh wrote:

> > > This won't work because the PCI host bridge *still* hasn't been added to
> > > qemu.  I've sent the patch at least twice.  Tha patch hasn't been
> > > applied and there hasn't been an explanation as to why it was ignored.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for the lack of explanation: I was not sure whether QEMU could
> > work with your patch without an updated PPC BIOS.
>
> Yes, *both* Qemu and OHW need to be patched.  It shouldn't matter which
> one supports the host bridge first.  You shouldn't even worry about
> making PReP unstable by adding support for the PCI host bridge to either
> qemu or OHW because PReP isn't stable now - it doesn't even boot without
> the host bridge.

What you say is trange:
it used to boot with the current qemu configuration. As PREP is not
supposed to use the open-firmware interface, it does not care about
seing or not the PCI host bridge in the tree.
So, imho, it would be a good choice not to make a change into qemu until
we get a new stable OHW BIOS.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized