qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Open Hack'Ware test image.

From: Thayne Harbaugh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Open Hack'Ware test image.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:14:20 -0700

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 22:53 +0100, Ronald wrote:
> Le Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:02:35 -0700, Thayne Harbaugh a écrit :
>
> > You shouldn't even worry about making
> > PReP unstable by adding support for the PCI host bridge to either qemu or
> > OHW because PReP isn't stable now - it doesn't even boot without the host
> > bridge.
>
> Sorry but prep works fine for me, that's even the only ppc emulation mode
> I can use.

You've applied the "Raven" host bridge patch and it breaks your PReP?

Until someone can tell me that having a correct PCI host bridge actually
breaks something I'll continue to ask that the patch be applied.  I
believe fixes some problems and that even in the working situations it
makes things more correct.  Real PReP hardware has a PCI host bridge -
whether it's the Motorola Raven, Eagle, Grackle or whatever.

If someone can show that having a correct PCI host bridge breaks
something then I'll either rework the patch or drop it.  I know that I
have created some broken patches before (HFS comes to mind) and I don't
have a problem rethinking.