qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Open Hack'Ware 0.4-pre2

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Open Hack'Ware 0.4-pre2
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:51:34 +0100

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 18:39 +0200, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> Are you testing on Ubuntu/PPC, too?

I'm testing _only_ PPC version.
Open Hack'Ware is an open-firmware like implementation, so it cannot
boot any
PC OSes...

>  > - unbuntu does not load (no boot file found).
>
> This is the error I got when trying out QEmu last time.  Any chance it
> could be fixed in the future?

I have no special plan to fix it for the next release.
But I know ISOFS boot is broken, so that may explain why unbuntu does
not boot.
I did not check the CD image, by now, just seen it does not load.
ISOFS boot fix is planed, because it will be needed for PREP boot and
also for some other PMAC Linux distributions (crux...).

[...]

> 14.3.2005 kello 16:35, J. Mayer kirjoitti:
>
>   Open Hack'Ware 0.4-pre2 is available for tests here:
> > <http://perso.magic.fr/l_indien/OpenHackWare/0.4-pre2/OpenHackWare
> > -0.4-pre2_bin.tar.bz2>
> > <http://perso.magic.fr/l_indien/OpenHackWare/0.4-pre2/OpenHackWare
> > -0.4-pre2_svn.tar.bz2>