qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeBSD 5.3 as guest fails to boot

From: Arne Götje (高盛華)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeBSD 5.3 as guest fails to boot
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:34:09 +0800

Hi list,

I'm running the cvs version of qemu from 03/14 on a Debian Linux
'testing' system and want to install FreeBSD as guest OS.

When I try to boot from the CD image, qemu crashes with a simple 'Bus
error'. I even cannot get any logs from it. This happens with any
FreeBSD version I have, not only 5.3, also older ones. No matter if I
use the CD image as a file or if I actually put in a cdrom into the
physical drive.

qemu -cdrom /srv/iso/5.3-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso -boot d
-user-net /srv/freebsd.img

How to debug?

Cheers
Arne