qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Possible peripherals enhancements ?

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Possible peripherals enhancements ?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:31:41 +0100

Dear List,

The kqemu-enabled virtualization does wonders for me : I am now able to use a W2K installation for RealLife(TM) uses, which seriously simplifies my (end-user) life. I sincerely hope that Fabrice will find a sponsor for kqemu and (L)GPL it.

Now, I have a small wishlist or enhancements in the "emulated peripherals" section :

- Support for "larger" video modes. The current emulated Cirrus supports 800x600x24b, 1024x768x16b and 1280x1024x8b ; I feel there is some possible uses for 1024x768x24b and maybe 1280x1024x24b. Possible benefits : serious simplifications for guest X servers or GUIs, serious support for some GUI- or graphics-intensive guest programs (especially on Win* guests...).

- Support for audio *input* on the emulated SB16. This pet of mine would allow me to use speech recognition, which is currently available on Win* only, alas...

Does someone works on these ?

Sincerely,

                                        Emmanuel Charpentier