qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Accelerator for FreeBSD?

From: Mikko Työläjärvi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Accelerator for FreeBSD?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:22:12 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Ryan Rempel wrote:

There is a reference here [1] to the possibility of porting the
Accelerator to *BSD by porting a small "C stub".

That would be "kmod.c".

Is anyone working on this at the moment? If not, would it be possible
to make the "C stub" available so that someone could give it a try?
I'd be interested in taking a crack at it myself, but there may be
others better situated (I've not done FreeBSD kernel development
before, but I have done some Darwin kernel development).

That's assuming that the reference is at all accurate :-)

[1] http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu-forum/viewtopic.php?t=333

I've only seen this attempt:

 <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-03/msg00049.html>

Which apparently needs a little more work.

      $.02,
      /Mikko