qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Joystick, gameport, midi, PC speaker and better sound c

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Joystick, gameport, midi, PC speaker and better sound cards support
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:59:15 +0000

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 03:03 -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if joystick support is being considered for inclusion into
> qemu someday ?
>
> in the hopes to help this going forward I have done some quick research on
> joystick interface hardware and software.
>
> here are the links I found
>
> this article alone should contain all the information needed to create a
> joystick device in the virtual machine
>
> http://www.epanorama.net/documents/joystick/pc_joystick.html

I haven't read the above link yet but I have used PCs since the XT and I
have this to say...

What on earth was IBM thinking when they used a 556 as a poor analogue
to digital converter?!?

IIRC, the early joystick cards comprised solely of 2 74LS series logic
chips and a 556 (dual 555) chip.

It was horrible. 'Nuff said.

<snip>

--
Antony T Curtis, BSc.                   UNIX, Linux, *BSD, Networking
address@hidden            C++, J2EE, Perl, MySQL, Apache