qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] WinXp Guest clock drift

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] WinXp Guest clock drift
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:13:16 +0100

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:15:24 -0800, Mike Swanson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, this is probably a nuisance in all emulators :p

Does it have to be that way? I mean - if a media player can keep track
of the time of a movie (with and without sound) then wouldn't it be
possible for other applications like emulators to keep accurate time?

I do not know how the time is handled in QEMU, but I wrote code some
years ago that monitored itself with gettimeofday() and adjusted the
drift on the fly.

/ magnus