qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Confused

From: Jamie Aczel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Confused
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:52:11 -0800

Hello,

The reality, which is that none of the bundled versions of QEMU for PPC I've found, nor a self-compile of QEMU 0.6.1, include this binary;

and another mailing list post (URL lost, unfortunately) that explained that the "qemu-i386" binary is the 'fast' version of the program for x86 virtualization on x86 hosts, with no instruction set translation, and should not exist or run on PPC systems.

If that's correct, how did the writer of the first post get it to work? Is there any way to run Linux/x86 programs (specifically WINE) in recent QEMU versions without installing an entire host system? I'm actually using OS X, so if the platforms are too different for seamless emulation across them, this searching may all be useless...