qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Issues on Mac OS X (host) with qemu-system-ppc (guest)

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Issues on Mac OS X (host) with qemu-system-ppc (guest)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:20:35 +0100

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 22:34 +0000, U n d e r a c h i e v e r wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've been trying to get a recent (CVS from yesterday) build of qmeu on
> Mac OS X to run a recent-ish linux distro or bsd release for powerpc.
>
> The configure/make/make install goes well, but the binary created won't
> boot debian sarge network installer iso CD image nor ubuntu nor openbsd.
> An example of the problem is shown at the end of this message.
>
> Anyway, I noticed some patches here
> http://perso.magic.fr/l_indien/qemu-ppc/tests/ppc_fixes.diff
> which it is claimed will get Debian Sarge booting on qemu-system-ppc. So
> tried them on yesterday's CVS download of the source. Unfortunately, the
> patch for op_helper.c fails completely, although the others seem to
> apply OK. If you ignore this and plough on with a build, the compile fails.

You didn't fully read the page. It says:
"This, used with latest OpenHack'Ware preview, allow one to install
Debian Sarge."
Then you have to use the OpenHack'Ware preview from here:
<http://perso.magic.fr/l_indien/OpenHackWare/index.htm#downloading>

Note that the patch was against current CVS (that is CVS at the date of
03 march) and have been integrated in current CVS now.
OK, then I should remove it, now...
Please do a checkout from qemu CVS, use Open Hack'Ware 0.4, then you'll
be OK to start testing.

Please report if this you still have problems when doing this way. As I
never tested it on a Mac OS X host, there may be some ugly issues (but I
hope not...).

Regards.

[...]

--