qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Suggestion - trap window-close of VM

From: Leonardo E. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Suggestion - trap window-close of VM
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:16:58 -0500

If I understand this correctly, it's specifically doing a halt with interrupts disabled. In theory that should just halt the processor indefinitely, since interrupts cannot be received. I can't imagine this being a common scenario for any software other than when it is completely shut down, unless of course you are explicitly expecting a non-maskable interrupt, which cannot be disabled, during a halt instruction. Again, I don't think it's all that common.

- Leo Reiter

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

So now you're implying that disabling interrupts is something that
only very rarely happens, for example when shutting down the machine?
I don't think that is a very realistic assumption.

--L

--
Leonardo E. Reiter
Vice President of Engineering

Win4Lin, Inc.
Virtual Computing from Desktop to Data Center
Main: +1 512 339 7979
Fax: +1 512 532 6501
http://www.win4lin.com