qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu ELF Loader Kernel integration

From: Panagiotis Issaris
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu ELF Loader Kernel integration
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:41:29 +0200

Hi,

Philipp Gühring schreef:

Hi,

Is it possible to integrate qemu(-ppc) into the Linux kernel, so that when a program tries to start a Linux-ELF-ppc executable, that qemu is being used to start it normally?

It would be useful for embedded systems development for cross-compilation:
The resulting binaries could be tried natively on the development system. If I would do it manually, I could start qemu-ppc binary But in some enviroments, the binary is started automatically by a third-party product, therefore being able to launch the binary directly would be helpful.
Yes, have a look at linux-2.6.11/Documentation/binfmt_misc.txt.

With friendly regards,
Takis

--
 K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Eng.,  Mechatronics & Robotics Research Group
 http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~pissaris/