qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu ELF Loader Kernel integration

From: Mark Williamson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu ELF Loader Kernel integration
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 02:32:03 +0100

> > If you have a binfmt_misc compiled to your kernel and you have
> > registered qemu as a ppc interpreter then qemu will be started
> > automatically when executing the ppc binaries. You will need to register
> > qemu as your interprer in proc interface
> > (/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register).
>
> Would this work for for exemple the flash player plugin or is it only
> for executables ?
> I am interested in doing that the other way around, for i386 code on
> linux ppc.

Shared libraries (like Netscape plugins) are a different matter: they need to
interface intimately with the native code - you can't run part of an app. in
QEmu.

Last time this came up, somebody suggested that you might be OK with x86
Mozilla, with the x86 flash plugin, all under QEmu.  I've not tried this,
YMMV ;-)

HTH,
Mark