qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Solaris guest not responding to packets from a Solaris host

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Solaris guest not responding to packets from a Solaris host
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:23:11 -0500

[This is not an April 1 post]

I'm running Solaris 10/FCS as a host, using some patches I
got from Juergen Kiel, and have successfully installed Win2K
and Solaris Next (Nevada) in a QEMU session, and have a 5
cd iso image of Sun JDS Linux installing (slowly).

For the Solaris Next image, I got it installed, have the
DU update that Juergen did, and can get out of the
solaris guest to the local network.  Once I got the
base config working pretty well, I stopped and restarted
it with a bunch of redirectors to handle ssh, telnet
and ftp.

I've tried all three services, and if I snoop the ni0
I can see the telnet packets coming in, but nothing is
responding to it.  I know the networking is fine, at least
to the outbound, as I've done some ssh, scp, and pkg-get to
get some software updates from the blastwave archive.

Ideas?

Ben