qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] No support for non-continuous I/O map mode

From: Tero Kaarlela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] No support for non-continuous I/O map mode
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:46:22 +0300

   Hi,

I am trying to get OS/2 PPC edition ro run under Qemu. I have made few hack to bootloader + openhackware to get it running so far things I had to do:

1. Hex edit Prep partition address 0x200 to point to beginning of Prep Partition(Conventional firmware handles Partition map differently than OF) 2. Modify machine model at openhackware bootinfos.c(This Bootloader has few ASCII strings inside code and it compares them to residual data model string) 3. Now I have got Qemu -nographic -dummy-net -prep to boot it to this point where Qemu reports: No support for non-continuous I/O map mode

My question is: Is there going to be support for this soon(is it planned)? If not can someone tell me how can I start trying implementing it?

Tero Kaarlela