qemu-devel

Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/pc-bios bios.bin bios.diff

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/pc-bios bios.bin bios.diff
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:08:27 -0400

Volker Ruppert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > CVSWeb URLs:
> > > http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/qemu/qemu/pc-bios/bios.bin.diff?t
> > >r1=1.9&tr2=1.10&r1=text&r2=text
> > > http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/qemu/qemu/pc-bios/bios.diff.diff?
> > >tr1=1.7&tr2=1.8&r1=text&r2=text
> >
> > I don't know what's going on with this patch, maybe
> > I just need to let things settle down. But under
> > both Solaris/10 and Solaris Express (11), my ni0
> > card stops functioning with the new bios (or so
> > it seems).
>
> If you want to use the updated BIOS, you also have to update hw/pci.c and to
> recompile. The guests Win 95/98/NT/2k are working fine with the new BIOS.

I may not have all the current code (though I'll do the
due dillignce and see what is different from the solaris
mods I'm using), but I did make the change to hw/pci.c
and add in the new ROM BIOS.

I've got a Win2KPro image that works nicely with the
code base I've been using.  However, when I put in
the new fix, the networking doesn't work anymore. (I've
got a screen dump if someone wants to see). If I build
out from what i've been using, the same image comes
up with networking correctly.  This is also consistent
with Solaris Express images running as a guest. The
new BIOS won't have networking working, whereas the
previous build I have does allow networking.

Ben