qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeDOS Testimage

From: Andreas Bollhalder
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeDOS Testimage
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:30:40 +0200

Hello all

I have a simple disk image with the current FreeDOS kernel (2035a).
When loading FreeDOS with HIMEM, EMM386 and FDAPM together, I loose
the keyboard and QEMU freeze. I can't switch to the monitor nor the
other consoles (ser0, par0). I need to kill the QEMU process. This
happens on my WinXP host with all QEMU versions I have (from 0.6.1 to
daily builds from FreeOSZoo and my owns). I will verify on my Gentoo
machine at my work tomorrow.

The image can be downloaded here:

http://geodb.org/download/fdostest.zip (124kB)

Start QEMU with this image as the first hard disk. When starting, you
will be prompted for loading the three binaries HIMEM, EMM386 and
FDAPM. Keep in mind, that no keyboard driver is loaded (may need to
press Z for Yes...).

none -> OK, but CPU usage is 100%
FDAPM -> OK
HIMEM + FDAPM -> OK
HIMEM + EMM386 -> OK, but CPU usage is 100%
HIMEM + EMM386 + FDAPM -> freeze

I have the same effekt with DOSIDLE for FDAPM.

This files works on my P350 without a clue.

If someone could test and get an idea whats wrong, please let me know.

Andreas