qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is Little endian supported by Qemu -prep

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is Little endian supported by Qemu -prep
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:35:54 +0200

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 19:46 +0200, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Le jeudi, 7 avr 2005, à 18:29 Europe/Paris, Tero Kaarlela a écrit :
>
> >> Yes, that's the reason. As far as I know, Qemu has no support for
> >> dynamic endian modes.
> >> I did not think any OS did use LE mode...
> >>
> > Hmmm.. It seems that WinNT for PPC does run in Little-endian too...
>
> Yes too true. It's rumored that the NT kernel is highly portable but
> the Windows is definitely little endian and 32-bit oriented. Hence this
> unusual LLP64 model.

Yes, right.
But WinNT is still far from booting and crashes, I think, before
checking/swapping the endian mode (don't try: I never commited the
needed patch to support it's own XCOFF format in Open Hack'Ware as I'm
sure it's buggy...)
Then, I add no example of little-endian run on PPC.
What I knew is that some say that VirtualPC use this mode to have a
faster emulation.

Now, it's obvious that the feature is needed.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized