qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] keyboard probelm with qemu

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] keyboard probelm with qemu
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:54:51 +0200

On Apr 8, 2005 10:43 AM, Michael Hoeller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first I like to thank for all efford you spend on the project :-)
>
> Actually I like to install win98 in a win98.img via qemu -m 256
> -localtime -user-net -hda /data3/win98.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d
>
> The emu starts, full screen, and the booting takes place then I have to
> provide some answers at the boot menue from the win98 cd (choose if I want
> to boot from  CD or Harddisk) but..... the keboard is totally messed up
> not even a worng country set i have here space=n,  numbers are totally
> gone,
> not one key is on the right place .... Is there anyway to work around it?
>
> I saw in one version that you have the option -k with a new version?
> I downloaded the i386 binarary 6.1 but it did not accept the option.
>
> I am running SuSE 9.2 with qemu 0.6.0 and according to the SuSE doc it
> should
> work with win98 ....
>
> Any idea?

I would recommend you to upgrade to the CVS version. There are fixes
in CVS that makes it possible to install win98 directly from cdrom,
and that is not possible with 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 - with them you will
have to boot from floppy during the installation phase.

And regarding the keyboard: I have no idea...

/ magnus