qemu-devel

Antwort: Re: [Qemu-devel] keyboard probelm with qemu [Hugo Boss: Virus c

From: Michael Hoeller
Subject: Antwort: Re: [Qemu-devel] keyboard probelm with qemu [Hugo Boss: Virus checked]
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:56:55 +0100

wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> first I like to thank for all efford you spend on the project :-)
>>
>> Actually I like to install win98 in a win98.img via qemu -m 256
>> -localtime -user-net -hda /data3/win98.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d
>>
>> The emu starts, full screen, and the booting takes place then I have to
>> provide some answers at the boot menue from the win98 cd (choose if I
want
>> to boot from  CD or Harddisk) but..... the keboard is totally messed up
>> not even a worng country set i have here space=n,  numbers are totally
>> gone,
>> not one key is on the right place .... Is there anyway to work around
it?

>> I saw in one version that you have the option -k with a new version?
>> I downloaded the i386 binarary 6.1 but it did not accept the option.
>>
>> I am running SuSE 9.2 with qemu 0.6.0 and according to the SuSE doc it
>> should
>> work with win98 ....
>>
>> Any idea?
>
>I would recommend you to upgrade to the CVS version. There are fixes
>in CVS that makes it possible to install win98 directly from cdrom,
>and that is not possible with 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 - with them you will
>have to boot from floppy during the installation phase.
>
>And regarding the keyboard: I have no idea...

Hello

I will compile the cvs version, where can I get it? I didn't found a link
at
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/download.html

The keyboard prob is my bigger concern since I have the porb also when I
try to install
win98 via a boot disk.. i get all output i want but I am unable to enter
anything, not even
return is on the same place also a switch to the system is impossible
since alt and ctrl are
gone too and qemu is i full screen mode ..
I only can switch off power -- or allow for a remote shutdown...

Maybe some one has an idea how I can get more infos what is causing th
keboard problem - debugger?
Logger ?

Thanks a lot
Michael

This e-mail (and/or attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. Use or
disclosure of it by anyone other than a designated addressee is unauthorized.
If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail from the
computer on which you received it. We thank you for notifying us immediately.