qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kqemu 0.6.2 and XP

From: Michael Hoeller
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kqemu 0.6.2 and XP
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:38:18 +0100

Hello,

I have compiled qemu from the cvs 2004-04-14 and kqemu. Then tried to
install WinXP it hangs everytime after formating when it tries to copy the
install data.
I have startet with qemu  -m 512 -localtime -user-net -hda /data/winxp.img
-cdrom /dev/cdrom -k de -boot d
Did I missed a tricky option or is there prob?

I installed via rpm -> I created with checkinstall an rpm and installed
this. There was the message that
/lib/modules/2.6.8.24.11-default/modules.dep conflicts with the one from
the rpm. I had to use the force option to get it installed??? ..

Then I recompiled without the kqemu and tried WinME the installation is
fine but when the install files are copied the emu just stops appr. by 8%
of the installation.

Does someone has an idea?

Thanks a lot
Michael

This e-mail (and/or attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. Use or
disclosure of it by anyone other than a designated addressee is unauthorized.
If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail from the
computer on which you received it. We thank you for notifying us immediately.