qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Profiling Qemu for speed?

From: Ian Rogers
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Profiling Qemu for speed?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:29:02 +0100

Christian MICHON wrote:

I did months ago gcc/FDO with a xp/lite installation as a "repetitive task" :)
I did not improve the timings after all the effort.
could this be down to the tables used to find the translators/generators? are they constant? is it possible to make them amenable to feedback directed analysis? x86 is also an odd case, it could be that load-store architectures with more registers notice FDO more as the x86 can access the L1 caches similarly to a large register file. If the problem is gcc's feedback analysis then you could always try Intel's compiler. Regards,

Ian Rogers
-- http://www.binarytranslator.org/