qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Possible?: statically converting i386 ELF object files to A

From: Sebastian Nowozin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Possible?: statically converting i386 ELF object files to ARM ELF object files
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:10:21 +0800

Hello everybody,

(please quote my email address on a reply to this email, I am not member of the list, thanks.)

I have wondered wether the code conversion ability of qemu could be utilized to convert ELF .o object files compiled for i386 Linux by GCC to .o object files for ARM/Linux. Is this possible or has something been attempted in this direction?

The need for such conversion occurs when porting the Java MIDP to ARM. Due to export restrictions, for some cryptography code in the MIDP, only linkable object files for i386 are available with the sources. (Half a dozen small object files, clearly named like MD2.o MD5.o SHA1.o, ...).

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian