qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] RE: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 38

From: William barath
Subject: [Qemu-devel] RE: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 38
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:20:35 -0700

I've tried recently to build both qvm86 and kqemu kernel modules with identical results...

Instead of building the module, it builds ALL other kernel modules. Luckily this only takes a few minutes on the second and third attempt!

I'm using SuSE 9.1 FTP edition with the stock kernel "2.6.4-52-default", and today's CVS of both qemu and qvm86, as well as the kqemu plugin tarball from Fabrice's site.

I noticed someone else using an older 2.6 kernel saying they had difficulties building the module and someone else on the list braying back the instructions from the README file, "what's so difficult about..." the difficulty seems to be that the P=`pwd` option seems to get ignored by the module build system.

I've tried moving the qvm86 module into the kernel sources and moving the makefile into the qvm86 directory anong with a few other tweaks and haven't been able to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong to overcome the problem. It would help if I knew what to do /right/ to build it manually. ;-)

Do I have to install a new kernel to get around this?

- Wil