qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] X86_64 (AMD64) build segfaults

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] X86_64 (AMD64) build segfaults
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:59:23 +0200

i compiled it myself from source, using LFS. Everything else i compiled (and
this is a complete fully working system now) absolutely without trouble. So the
probability that the problem lies somewhere whithin qemu is very high. (It
doesnt work with my old system, which is LFS too, but an older gcc and libs
too, same error).

Removing the optimizations (the -O2) it does compile, but qemu segfaults when
trying to start.

So what chances do i have ? Sending a report to gcc.gnu.org or what can i do to
trace this bug down ? I have nearly no idea about assembly, which seems to be
used in the part its segfaulting.