qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows XP Home on qemu 0.6.0 and Mac OS X 10.3.8

From: Karl Magdsick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows XP Home on qemu 0.6.0 and Mac OS X 10.3.8
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 00:24:27 -0400

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/kqemu-doc.html indicates kqemu is
only for x86 Linux 2.4.x and Linux 2.6.x, not PPC Xnu 7.9.x.   Qemu
0.6.0 might also be too old to take advantage of kqemu.

If he used the installer from Free OS Zoo, this would seem to indicate
he doesn't know which compile options were used.  In any case, I would
hope that if the kqemu options cause large overhad, they weren't
turned on for a compilation targeted at both an architecture and
kernel for which kqemu did not exist at the time of compiliation.

Are you suggesting that his emulator is running slowly because it is
repeatedly attempting and failing to use the accelerated kernel
interface?

-Karl