qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] loadvm keyboard weirdness

From: Oliver Gerlich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] loadvm keyboard weirdness
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:57:53 +0200

Ben Taylor wrote:
However, once I am booting the debian off the hard disk,
customize the image and save it, the problem I see is
when I reload the image using the command line parameter
"-loadvm knoppix-save.vm".  I get the screen back
exactly where I left it at the time of save, but the
keyboard interaction with the Konsole window that is
up is non-functional.  If I type in the window, sometimes
I get a window coming up asking me to rename the window.
If I close the window, and restart another one, this usally fixes the problem and I can type normally.

I've noticed this problem as well. It's probably because the guest OS thinks the modifier keys are still pressed... Solution is to press Ctrl and Alt and Shift one after another after booting with -loadvm. This restores the modifier state in the guest.

Oliver