qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux 2.6.10 ?

From: Der Herr Hofrat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux 2.6.10 ?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 19:35:22 +0200 (CEST)

> it's ok with me on a XP host and running linux 2.6.10 with either
> -kernel option (remember you need an -hda too) and inside an iso.
>
> It also works inside a -fda too.
>
> What is your exact cmd line ?

qemu -nographic \
        -hda linux.img \
        -kernel bzImage \
        -append "root=/dev/hda mem=64M"

The same kernel boots on the system without any problem - in fact it was
running whyle trying to run qemu - so I guess its not a basic config problem
of the kernel. There is absolutely no output from the boot process what so
ever though.

thx !

Nicholas Mc Guire                               e-mail: address@hidden
OpenTech EDV-Research GmbH                      Embedded GNU/Linux/RTLinux
Lichtenstein Str. 31 2130 Mistelbach            web   :http://www.opentech.at/
phone :+43 2572 201082                          fax   :+43 2572 201084

news: 7th Real Time Linux Workshop, 2-4 Nov 2004, Lille France -  details at
      http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/events/events.html soon