qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux 2.6.10 ?

From: Der Herr Hofrat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux 2.6.10 ?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 19:32:46 +0200 (CEST)

> On Sunday 08 May 2005 07:24, Der Herr Hofrat wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> >  does anybody have a 2.6.X (preferably 2.6.10) running under qemu ?
> >  trying to launch it (passed with -kernel) fails - it simply gives me
> >
> >  (qemu)
>
> You need to make sure you have the sdl development headers and libraries
> installed when you compile qemu. Otherwise all graphical output will be
> disabled.
>
> Check that configure says "SDL support   yes"
>
> The other alternative is to configure your guest to communicate over the
> serial port.

I checked that by using the 2.4.21 that came packaged in the linux-test - that
boots up without any problems - 2.4.26 (Slackware default kernel) also worked
so I assumed its really related to 2.6.X.

SDL support is set to yes - but boot tests were done with -nographic .

thx!

Nicholas Mc Guire                               e-mail: address@hidden
OpenTech EDV-Research GmbH                      Embedded GNU/Linux/RTLinux
Lichtenstein Str. 31 2130 Mistelbach            web   :http://www.opentech.at/
phone :+43 2572 201082                          fax   :+43 2572 201084

news: 7th Real Time Linux Workshop, 2-4 Nov 2004, Lille France -  details at
      http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/events/events.html soon