qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] user networking - win xp quest, amd64 linux host

From: Leonardo E. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] user networking - win xp quest, amd64 linux host
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 10:37:04 -0400

We have seen problems on the AMD64 with -user-net as well. While we have not been able to debug further yet, I suspect what is happening is that some 32-bit values in packet headers that SLIRP is decoding are actually represented as 64-bit types on 64-bit processors. Again, this is just a guess, but it's the first place we'll look once we get to it, since we think it's the most likely cause.

- Leo Reiter

Adrian Smarzewski wrote:
Adrian Smarzewski wrote:

bash-2.05b$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.11-gentoo-r7 #1 Sun May 8 06:59:56 CEST 2005 x86_64
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

--
Leonardo E. Reiter
Vice President of Product Development, CTO

Win4Lin, Inc.
Virtual Computing from Desktop to Data Center
Main: +1 512 339 7979
Fax: +1 512 532 6501
http://www.win4lin.com